There are lots of methods to eat green beans – uncooked, steamed, roasted, blanched – but my personal favorite, that I’ve found really brings about the taste of green beans, is always to roast them. I’m able to easily consume a plate of roasted green beans with absolutely nothing more than some organic olive oil and salt in it, but there is more you can include if you are feeling adventurous.
Roasted green beans in organic olive oil and salt create a great finger food treat or appetizer, and also don’t last for an extended time around here. These could look overdone, but they are full of green been taste, nearly caramelized, having a slight crunch around the browned areas of the beans.
Occasionally I make these within my toaster, which simply leaves the oven free for other things.
- One pound of green beans (stems taken out, washed and dried)
- Around 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- About One tsp of organic olive oil
- Preheat your stove to Four hundred and fifty degrees F.
- Inside a bowl, blend the green beans, organic olive oil and salt. Occasionally I just spew the oil around the beans after which mix them to make certain they’re going on equally. You don’t need to go heavy around the oil or salt – only a light brushing is nice.
- Put the beans on the bit of foil or any other surface for simple cleanup, after which put the foil on a cooking sheet.
- Roast for Ten minutes, and then turn the beans to brown the opposite side. I simply move them around utilizing a fork to change their positioning.
- Cook for an additional 8 minutes.